Clover Leaf is looking for an Electrical Engineer Construction Project Manager to join our growing team. We are looking for strong leaders who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver multiple complex projects at all stages from concept through completion, including working with engineers to understand customer requirements and communicating with stakeholders including internal and external customers. Work with Project Controls staff to identify and reduce risk and ensure that the projects meet scope, schedule, budget, and quality requirements and comply with applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
- Assist in developing value engineering proposals, with the goal of reducing project costs.
- Provide design assurance and constructability reviews.
- Make technical and programmatic decisions for projects, and be accountable for the results of those decisions.
- Use Project Management techniques for complex projects, including project plan development and execution, project monitoring and control, and integrated change control. Manage processes including task definition and sequencing, duration estimation, and schedule development and control to ensure that the project is completed on schedule. Manage all resources, including human resources, to execute project within schedule and budget. Manage budgets including estimating costs, setting budgets, and controlling costs, using Earned Value Management.
- Oversee procurement of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Ensure all quality requirements are gathered and planned in accordance with agency and contract requirements and regulations, and ensure quality objectives are met through assurance and control measures. Lead teams to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Work with customer on related issues to complete projects, such as security, environmental, and safety requirements.
- Develop and deliver presentations and communicate with stakeholders, both internal and external, and upper management as needed.
- Prepare and deliver project status reports. Develop proposals and other documentation as needed.
- Develop and oversee the development of risk plans, including identifying, analyzing, and monitoring risk, and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, or civil preferred) or closely related field and 5 years experience directly managing Facilities projects; an additional 4 years experience may substitute for a degree.
- Eligibility for a DOE clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
- Understanding of the technical tasks and ability to make engineering judgments, including the ability to identify time requirements and task dependencies. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of facilities engineering, design, construction, contracting, and experience with earned value management techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to develop a strategic plan and lead others in executing that plan.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate in science and engineering disciplines and with all levels of management.
- Experience with standard project management practices as used in technical projects, including project plan development and control, scope management, project scheduling, cost estimation and management, quality assurance, project staffing, communications planning and management, risk and opportunity management, and procurement management. Experience with standard Project Management tools and applications.
- Knowledge of Building Codes.
- Ability to lead teams of people and work effectively with other organizations, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers.
- Advanced technical degree or completed courses towards advanced degree.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) as administered by the PMI.
- Demonstrated advanced computer technical skills including experience with a computerized scheduling system such as Primavera, and AutoCAD.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.