Clover Leaf is looking for a Part-time Construction Cost Estimator to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Your primary responsibilities will be the following:
- Provide cost estimates of construction in compliance with corporate cost estimating standard. Cost estimates will be provided upon request at various phases of projects such as; planning/project initiation, design 30%, 60%, 90%, 100%, and construction change order estimates.
- Review of construction cost estimates versus construction bids received, developing and providing monthly updates of construction cost estimates metrics such as; construction cost estimates, construction bids received, construction cost estimate accuracy range, and other pertinent cost estimating metrics information.
- Provide input for cost loaded construction schedules development and updates.
- Participate and provide expertise for construction cost estimates lessons learned.
- Provide cost estimates of overall project costs.
- Participate in site job walks, when requested, to review cost estimates scope of work.
Deliverables you will be responsible for include:
- Weekly report indicating the following for each current project; amount of contract, amount invoiced to date, amount remaining to invoice.
- A monthly report indicating current Contractor personnel on site, and current Contractor personnel assigned to each project.
- A personnel resource loaded spreadsheet report indicating forecasted number of Contractor personnel required per month based on SDR provide monthly construction projects list.
- Eligibility for a DOE L clearance; you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for clearance.
- Minimum of ten years' of experience in construction cost estimating.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual that can work both independently as well as have demonstrated the ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to work performance.
- Experience in effective time management and prioritization of activities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Certification as a Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) by the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE)
- OR Certification as a Certified Cost Professional (CCP) by the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.