Clover Leaf is looking for an ES&H Planner (sometimes called Safety Basis Professional) to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will provide technical support in ES&H Planning and safety analysis (e.g., qualitative and quantitative risk assessment) and assist in the development and maintenance of safety basis documentation for chemical, explosive, radiological and other hazardous facilities and activities conducted at client site. Specific duties include:
- Perform technical analysis (e.g., Hazard Identification, Hazard Evaluation, FMEAs) with use of analytical software (e.g., ALOHA) to develop data and provide risk and consequences.
- Provide guidance associated with technical and engineering analysis to support regulatory compliance for programs/clients.
- Analyze and identify data collected from facilities for risk, safety, environmental, or reliability concerns and recommend corrective action when required.
- Lead, conduct, and evaluate detailed reviews of complex operations to identify hazards and develop appropriate controls.
- Review the structures, systems, components, processes, materials, potential energy sources used in facilities, and identify hazards, postulate credible accidents, consider regulatory compliance, and provide solutions (e.g., develop appropriate engineering and/or administrative controls).
- Review existing operational and safety requirements for compliance with Department of Energy (DOE) directives and client policies and procedures and make revisions as needed while conducting work under quality assurance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications
- Eligibility for a DOE clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience working in chemical (e.g., refinery), high hazard (e.g., explosive), radiological, and/or nuclear facility operations.
- Experience with hazard identification to facilitate accident scenario development, material release estimates, failure mechanism assessment, and documentation of accident consequences and probability of occurrence.
- Experience conducting complex technical analysis of data using related software.
- Experience writing and reviewing technical and/or regulatory documents.
- Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact with and provide advice and guidance to a broad spectrum of personnel, including senior management (e.g. LLNL and DOE), while exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling sensitive and/or classified information.
- Experience working independently as well as with a team of technical and professional personnel.
- Master’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Four years of experience in related work.
- Significant experience with program, facility management operations, or oversight in a chemical or high hazard environment/facility.
- Experience with DOE requirements in the area of safety analysis.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.