Clover Leaf is looking for Building Envelope Condition Assessor Professional to join our growing team. Primary responsibilities will be to support Building Envelope and Roofing System Assessment projects in accordance with ASTM standards and local, state, and federal regulations. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Condition Assessors complete all aspects of assessment including all field work, research, data compilation and report preparation for each project, including performing Property Condition Assessments. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and evaluate existing condition surveys and inspections, construction and maintenance documents, blueprints, and other documents.
- Work outdoors on construction sites performing field investigations of the building envelope including roofing systems and water leakage.
- Perform destructive and non-destructive tests as needed in accordance with industry standards.
- Take photographs of systems and conditions, and physical deficiencies.
- Interview key site personnel to obtain information concerning the property condition.
- Investigate and determine the service life of building enclosure assemblies.
- Perform enclosure review to assess air infiltration, rain water control, heat transfer, and vapor transmission.
- Perform building performance analysis as needed including evaluating day-lighting, solar heat gain, thermal energy transfer, and holistic integration of the enclosure with building mechanical, lighting, and plumbing systems.
- Research building codes and industry standards.
- Prepare technical Property Condition Report to characterize physical condition of the systems, including photographic and other documentation, and estimated costs of correcting deficiencies.
- Communicate with internal staff and clients verbally and in writing.
- Minimum BA/BS in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in engineering, architecture, or construction field
- Minimum 2 years experience in inspection or condition/facility assessment, with a focus on roofing
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytic skills
- Good understanding of building systems with an emphasis on building envelope and roofing systems
- Excellent communication both orally and in writing, with an ability to write understandable reports
- Proficient in MS Office Software
- Must be able to climb ladders to gain access to roofs
- Must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to physically navigate properties in various weather
- Eligibility for a DOE clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
- ICC Certified Inspector is preferred.
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect is a plus.
- Experience with BUILDER SMS is a plus.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.