Clover Leaf is looking for an experienced ICC certified inspector to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing construction work in progress and assisting managers with contract compliance and work acceptance.
- Providing quality oversight.
- Performing field observations and being knowledgeable in all disciplines. Preparing observation reports that document the progress, quality, and safety of construction work and other pertinent construction information.
- Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) observations across geographic areas in an area of expertise (i.e. scaffolding, trenching, lightning protection, etc.).
- Providing mandatory code inspections for compliance with building codes (e.g. IBC, NFPA, etc.) and specialized inspections for contract compliance.
- Ensuring RFIs, submittals and red lines are incorporated by construction contractors.
- Assisting construction contractors in obtaining permits and assure permit requirements are met.
- Coordinating construction activities (e.g. utility outages).
- Identify and resolve construction and safety issues and report concerns to managers and the Construction Safety department. Assist in construction site safety reviews and issuing safety observations and non-compliance documentation to the Construction Safety department, including random safety inspections for compliance with OHSA, 10 CFR 851 standard and NFPA 70E.
- Performing final inspections/Punch lists of Construction projects.
- Coordinating various field tests.
Deliverables you will be responsible for include:
- Design review forms.
- Construction issues and deficiencies logs.
- Daily/weekly inspection reports with photos, documenting construction progress and quality of construction work, and other pertinent construction information.
- Code compliance checklists
- International Code Council (ICC) certification in Commercial Electrical
- International Code Council (ICC) certification in Commercial Plumbing
- International Code Council (ICC) certification in Commercial Mechanical
- International Code Council (ICC) certification in Commercial Building
- Five years experience in inspection
- OSHA 10-hour training or better
- Knowledge and application of OSHA 20 CFR 1926 Construction Standards
- Knowledge and application of California Building Code compliance and International Building Codes
- Understanding plans and specifications
- Must be a self-motivated individual that can work both independently as well as have demonstrated the ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to work performance.
- Ability to deal effectively with people and conflict in a non-confrontational manner.
- Ability to communicate with managers, while also taking a hands-on, active approach.
- Experience in effective time management and prioritization of activities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness and ability to be on call and/or work a flexible schedule as some overtime may be required.
- Experience working for Department of Energy or similar environment is a plus.
- Eligibility for a DOE clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.