Clover Leaf is looking for an MEP Inspector to join our growing team We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving work from project managers, as well as executing project development, delivery and close out.
- Updating project managers on scope, cost, schedule and quality for all assigned projects.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and providing solutions to issues in a timely manner in order to meet project schedules.
- Complying with Corporate Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Attending Pre-Bid Meetings.
- Leading preconstruction conference and weekly or bi-weekly construction progress meetings, as well as taking all notes and minutes at these meetings.
- Understanding plans and specifications, contract terms and conditions and overseeing design and construction performance.
- Assisting in the execution of design and construction changes.
- Reviewing design and construction schedules and recommending action to project managers.
- Reviewing Requests for Information (RFI’s) and providing recommendations and feedback on RFIs.
- Ensuring coordination of all project work between construction and/or other service contractors, stakeholders, and facilities personnel during major outages (e.g. Electrical/Mechanical Outages).
- Monitoring contract warranty requirements and coordinating follow up with Contractors/Suppliers.
- Ensuring overall Code Compliance on all projects.
- Identifying construction and safety issues and reporting concerns to EH&S team and the Construction Safety Department.
- Supporting any and all investigations, audits, and/or occurrences.
- Coordinating exterior work with the Infrastructure team and implementing traffic, pedestrian movement and access strategies related to Construction Activities.
- Coordinating Building Personnel and Scheduling issues with the Customers and Operations Team.
- Reviewing construction schedules and providing a status of schedules on a monthly basis.
- Complying with established processes and providing feedback on process inefficiencies, barriers, and improvement opportunities.
Deliverables you will be responsible for include (dependent upon specific individual project requirements):
- Project Requirements Document (PRD/Design SOW from A/E) review comments.
- Design Quality Assurance (QA) review forms.
- Preconstruction Documents.
- Construction issues logs.
- Weekly project reports with photos.
- Progress and critical path schedule evaluation reports.
- Construction Meeting minutes.
- Change order logs.
- Inspection Schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 5 years’ experience in construction and/or construction management. Or 9 years of construction and/or construction management experience.
- Certificate in discipline field is preferred (Mechanical, Plumbing, Building, and/or Electrical).
- Experience in Construction Management for pharmaceutical, high-tech, or complex laboratory or industrial structures (i.e., not just straightforward commercial office space).
- OSHA 30-hour training.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual that can work both independently as well as have demonstrated the ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to work performance.
- Ability to deal effectively with people and conflict in a non-confrontational manner.
- Ability to communicate with managers, while also taking a hands-on, active approach.
- Experience in effective time management and prioritization of activities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness and ability to be on call and/or work a flexible schedule as some overtime may be required.
- Knowledge of International Building Codes.
- Knowledge of Project Scheduling techniques and ability to track schedule and Critical Path Activities against work by the Contractor.
- Knowledge of Behavior Based Safety (BBS) procedures and construction practices.
- Experience working for Department of Energy or similar environment is a plus.
- Eligibility for a DOE clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.