Clover Leaf is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties of this position in the areas of electrical, instrumentation and control, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Electrical power system analysis and design and implementation of consensus codes and standards like NFPA 70E, and IEEE.
- Facility modifications, system upgrades.
- Perform short circuit, coordination, load flow, and arc flash studies using SKM software.
- Configuration management support and technical baseline maintenance.
- Monitoring, tracking, and trending of major systems.
- Troubleshooting; root cause analysis.
- Perform Electrical Safety Officer (ESO) function.
In addition to the duties outlined above, further responsibilities may include:
- Technical mentoring of junior engineers
- Experience as a senior technical adviser overseeing and assessing electrical systems.
- Leading, developing, facility modifications, system upgrades.
- Expert knowledge of industry, regulatory and DOE/NNSA complex codes, standards, and criteria pertinent to System Engineering and Vital System Safety such as DOE 0 420.1 B, and DOE STD-1073.
- Expert knowledge of IBC, NEC, and IEEE.
- Ability to achieve results in a matrix organization.
- Ability to integrate and coordinate multi-facility deployed, cross-functional technical work activities.
- Ability to develop technical and staffing reports for senior managers.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Expert technical experience in electrical system analysis and design for industrial facility operations.
- Expert knowledge of electrical engineering systems and calculations and, application of engineering methods to facility and operations based engineering problems.
- Sound knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Expert experience in electrical engineering including troubleshooting.
- Expert experience working with industry codes and standards.
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally.
- Proficiency with personal computers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from a University with ABET accreditation.
- 8 years of electrical experience.
- Eligibility for a DOE clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
- Expert knowledge of Engineering principles and procedures, safety basis interaction, design guides, appropriate standards, and administrative practices as applied to DOE non-reactor nuclear and high hazard facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Laboratory's integrated safety management policies, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Laboratory's electrical safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- PE Registration
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. Because eligibility for a DOE clearance is required for this position, we ask the question about citizenship.